Vacancy for the position of Chair at the Association of Freight Software Suppliers
The Association of Freight Software Suppliers has a vacancy for the role of Chair from April 2019.
The successful candidate should ideally be available from January 2019 for a three-month handover period from the current Chair.
The candidate should have experience in the freight and logistics industry with an emphasis on the systems and technology used within the industry. Having experience in representing trade at meetings with Government bodies and trade organisations would also be an advantage.
The candidate will take their base salary and any expenses from the AFSS annual membership fees once the costs of AFSS administration have been covered.
The role is part time, approximately three days a week. Duties include:
• The management and administration of AFSS matters including finances.
• Promoting AFSS within the industry.
• Organising two annual membership meetings.
• Attending Trade Consultative Meetings on behalf of AFSS.
• Submitting articles to trade publications.
• Providing reports to AFSS members on matters of interest and circulation of an AFSS newsletter twice monthly.
AFSS is an Affiliate of EurTradeNet and the Chair is required to co-ordinate with ETN on matters of common interest.
Those wishing to apply or require any information on this position should contact Gordon Tutt via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 30th November 2018.
Posted on: November 12th 2018